dkirk32

Power Gear Jack Extends After Retraction

Hi all I have a power gear leveling system everything operates fine. Except my LR (left rear) jack will slowly extend out after I retract the jacks.

Any Ideas? I contacted Power Gear via email they sent me a troubleshooting link that didn't have this problem. Thanks.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

When you mention, the jack will slowly extend out. Will the Left Rear keep dropping or does it stop at some point?

Have you noticed a fluid leak in the jack, the hydraulic hose or in the area of the hydraulic fluid manifold?

I have to believe your rear jacks do not have springs, so that rules out a weak spring!

Edit, What is the model number of your Power gear system?

Rich.

Sometime my two front jacks do the opposite of the OP's. After everything is level and the PG panel and engine are shut off, the front two jacks will come up about 2".

Allegiance40x,

Interesting, but I find many things interesting.

PG = power gear and most are setup with a single valve to both rear jack and one valve for each front jack and a common dump valve for all jacks.

The odds of having two valves bad and doing the same thing at the same time would be real strange.

The only common item in a system configured that way would be Air in the hydraulic lines and I can not remember you posting any repairs to your jacks.

Loose connection allowed air in at some point, but a loose connection would be in only one jack at a time as there is no common point beyond the Hydraulic manifold and the attached control valves.

Must admit your issue is a real head-scratcher !!!

Rich.

You do not have hydraulic fluid pooling in your jack pads by chance ?