Sign in to follow this  
UNDERAWAY

Banks Power Upgrade Info

I just purchased a 2014 Thor 35 ft motor coach and was thinking about upgrading with a Banks power system.

If any one out there has any comments please let know.

Underway,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Gas or diesel?

If diesel, what engine?

Have you weighed the coach and what you plan to tow so you know what your engine will be pulling/pushing?

Underway,

Welcome to the Forum!

With the coach being New ! I would tend to leave things stock until the warranty period expires.

A 35 ft. coach with a V-10 or 8.1L gas engine will get you around quite well and if you have a Cummings 6.7, one would have plenty of power for a 35ft. unit.

Rich.

I agree with Rich's comment about doing nothing while under warranty. Then the first thing I would check is if the transmission can take any extra HP and/or torque. I must ask though, you just bought a brand new 2014 MH...why even consider adding more power? If there was a power issue, why not get a larger MH/engine?

Where as I agree with the warranty concerns voiced here, check with the manufacturer to see what may comply and not void the warranty. If it's a Triton V-10 just do it! We have been cross country several times with our Gulfstream on a F53 chassis before and after the Banks install and the improvement in HP and gas milage paid for itself. You will be glad you did this when you encounter head winds, hilly terrain and long hauls of if towing.

raypaiz,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

What year/HP is your V10. Yes, the earlier 275 HP versions saw an improvement with tuning-- the later model 362 HP versions no so much.

All benefit (my opinion) from modifying the shift points so the transmission does not downshift until higher throttle positions are reached.