DennisSolow

Extended Warranties for Class A Diesel Motorhome

I am currently having some repairs performed on a leveling jack and a door awning. I have an extended policy with American Guardian Warranty Services from Warrenville, IL.

I went to a service provider (happens to be a Tiffin dealer) who diagnosed the two problems. The extended warranty administrator required an inspection of the potential repairs which the service manager stated this happens about 1 in 25, where the warranty policy holder requires an inspection. This delayed potential repairs for two days. After the weekend, the service manager called to say all repairs are approved. Just waiting now for parts to arrive and have replaced for defective and failing components. My experience with American Guardian has been excellent. I certainly expect to get my monies worth from them!!!

kihei7. Welcome to the Forum!

I'm happy that your happy! Now, proof is in the pudding-- will they do the same next time? Or on a big ticket item? How much was the policy to begin with? What year and make is your coach?

Safe travels and enjoy the whole off North America!

Carl

Has anybody heard of or been a policyholder with Northstar RV? It's backed by a manor company which I'd have to go digging into e-mails to name.  I'm about to sign on -- with a $500 credit for full payment, $4200 +/- for four years.  Other offers were up to almost $7,000 for two years.  Coach is a 2006 Monaco Cayman 36 DP.  Northstar's is an inclusion contract but I've read every word of it, have enough mechanical knowledge to understand what's included (everything important to me) and to realize what isn't (all unimportant or possibilities I'm willing to self-insure) . . .  still the significantly lower premium leaves me a little uneasy. 

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2014 at 6:03 AM, kentluebbers said:

I would like to hear some more opionions on Extended Warranties. We have a 2012 Forest River have looked at a couple of EWs options. One is the one offered by Wholesale Warranties. Anybody had any experience with this provider. They seem to cover about everything according to the salesperson.

Thanks for your comments.

I have no direct knowledge of Wholesale Warranties.  But I think I remember, in shopping for an EW, that I saw negative comments, to the point of lawsuit, from WW policyholders.  With any of them, due diligence is definitely a good idea.

I also, self insure!  However, I have not heard or read anything bad about Wholesale Warranties, they have been around a long time!  Like any insurance, take it to an Atty to tell you what's in the fine print, before signature!  I rather spend $100, than blindly commit myself to Thousands! :P

I have a 2015 Winnebago Journey (second owner)and was able to transfer the existing EW which was used quite a bit. The coach was left unattended for a year, so many things needed repaired. I am considering purchasing a new EW, as the original will expire at the end of the month. Not sure if spending 10K for a 100 deductable 4 year policy, or not get one and hope for the best. I would appreciate any input. The EW I'm considering is Compass which was recommened by the RV service I use, as well as FMCA.

2 hours ago, fbthomas said:

I have a 2015 Winnebago Journey (second owner)and was able to transfer the existing EW which was used quite a bit. The coach was left unattended for a year, so many things needed repaired. I am considering purchasing a new EW, as the original will expire at the end of the month. Not sure if spending 10K for a 100 deductable 4 year policy, or not get one and hope for the best. I would appreciate any input. The EW I'm considering is Compass which was recommened by the RV service I use, as well as FMCA.

Welcome to the forum. 

I would put that 10K in the bank and use it for any repairs. I don't think any EW policy pays for maintence or any damage they can claim is from lack of maintence. Do you have proof all required maintence has ben done since new? 

Bill

Welcome!

Now that interest rates are going up....put the $10k in a CD for a year.  Also, $100 deductible raised your rate a lot....did you ask what a $1 or 2k deductible would cause the policy to cost?

11 hours ago, fbthomas said:

Contact wholesalewarranties.com and Good Sam; ask them about their extended service contracts before signing that contract. Read the fine print closely BEFORE signing any contract. IMO $10,000 is a lot of money for an ESC.

Keep in mind these service contracts will not pay for normal maintenance or wear and tear, they only cover things that break. If you do not follow the claims procedure exactly, that is grounds for claim denial.

Keep in mind that in my case the gold warranty we purchased has only paid half back in repairs but it’s less then 1 year since we purchased it for $4,500.00 bound to have more claims in the remaining 2.5 years on our 2019 Newmar LA

also it will add to value when we plan to sell the RV in March! It is transferable