Sign in to follow this  
KenandJoan

Diagram of 2005 Coachmen Santara

I have recently purchased a 2005 Coachmen Santara 3480DS. The manual came with it, but is not particular to one model. I have learned a lot about it by just reading the manual & searching the motorhome itself.

I have contacted Coachmen about a diagram but none is available. I am wondering where my fresh, gray, and black water tanks are, and how I would access them if I needed to.

Also, I have not found the DC converter, and AC circuit breakers. The control panel for the slide-outs, tank read-outs, generator start, and the DC fuses is easily accessible.

Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, this is our first RV of any kind!

Regards, Ken

Ken, Not much information on the web covering your questions.

This is a link to some images of your floor plan.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2005+Coachmen+Santara+3480DS+Floor+plan&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=1I0rU8OpNYryyAHg4oGAAg&ved=0CCUQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=618

The Black and Gray tanks mount under the bathroom areas in most coaches and access directly to the tanks, often requires removing items if work on them is required.

One can find them by looking for the Black and Gray dump valves and fallowing the lines back to the general location of the tanks themselves. Accessed under the coach or behind one of the storage bay doors.

The fresh water tank is often mounted under the floor, just behind the driver / copilot sets. listen for the water pump when its running, the fresh water is generally close by. Accessed by opening a storage bay door in most cases.

The circuit breakers, fuses, inverters / chargers and monitor panels are generally located mid ship. Yours might be in the area of the Hutch. The slide might need to be out a little to enable a door / cover to be opened to look at them.

Your Generator is located near the rear of the coach and I think you need to make a manual connection of the shore cable to a connector at or close to the generator to enable the 120 volt generator power. The main AC circuit breakers should be close and the 12 volt inverter / charger equipment should be close the the Coach batteries.

By going to this link you might find some information on one of the newer units that could prove helpful and when out camping, walk around and see if someone has a model like yours and exchange information about you coaches.

http://www.coachmenrv.com/downloads.aspx

Rich.

Thanks Rich.

I will check out your info. I live in Michigan, and the coach was purchased from a private party in January. I did not get to visit with the owner, as he had passed away, and his son-in-law handled the sale. He showed us the coach and demonstrated slide-outs, furnace, etc.

I topped off the fuel and propane tanks before driving the 50 miles to our house. Being in Michigan, and the coach is outside, I have not been able to get underneath yet. I have explored all doors and compartments that open, and located the generator and the"dump" valves, and the coach is connected to shore power. Everything seems to be in good condition and I am now trying to explore things that are not so easily accessible.

Ken