Sign in to follow this  
fmsonntag

Sirius Radio Reception Problem

We have Sirius in the motor home and also in the tow'd. We do not have any problem with it in the car no matter where we are. The problem is in the MH. The radio goes in and out both when we are stationary and on the road. Pushing the mode button on the radio will sometimes bring is back but recently it is not coming back at all.

Conversation with Sirius was fruitless. Conversation with Jensen (we have a VR 209 which is Sirius ready) suggested that I pull the radio and check the Sirius connection on the back of the radio. Jensen also suggested being careful as the MH mfg. may not have left enough cable for the radio to pulled completely out.

Has anyone experienced the same problem and how did you solve it?

I am saving pulling the radio as a last resort.

I look forward to your input.

I got a new 2013, Jeep Wrangler, 2 months ago for toad. Jeep came with 1 year free Sirius. Downloaded and got lousy reception. I took it to dealer in Houston, TX.

They fixed the problem, antenna!

Had the same problem. The antenna lead connection to the sirius adapter was loose. I put side tension on the connector and fasten it tight to the adapter with wire ties. Problem resolved.

I'm with the connector being loose. The radio is "Sirius Ready" and that being by itself the radio does not receive satellite signals. As stated, there is a module between the antenna and the radio so check those connections also. Since we are a rolling earthquake going do the highway connections can wobble loose.

You will need the tool to push the release buttons on the radio to be able to pull it out. If you do not have the tool a metal coat hanger that will fit into the holes can be used, or any thing stiff that will fit in the hole, like an awl. The radio slides out easily once the catches are released but do pull it out slowly and if there is any resistance it could be any of the wires on the back including the antenna connectors.

If you include your MH in your signature line there may be others that have had experience with that configuration.

Not sure where they put the Sirius module in your coach or what it exactly looks like.  Mine is a black box about 4-5" square and is in the dash area close to the radio.  Typically the antenna lead goes to a splitter which has two coaxial leads out which go to the module.  The connectors on at least my brand unit are famous for coming out and need to be pushed back on.  If you can see behind the dash area without pulling radio i would first look there and see if you can find the satellite module.

Bob in TX