Sign in to follow this  

2 years ago I bought a portable satellite receiver and signed up for DISH's Pay as you go programming. Although it took a long time to finally get it setup in my motorhome, I was pleased with the service I received.

When winter came and it was time to place my motorhome in storage I called DISH and asked them to stop my service as told them why. They told me I could suspend my service and it would only cost me $5 a month. I explained the program I signed up for and after being transferred several time I finally found someone at DISH that knew what I was talking about. They promised it would be corrected and that I would not be charged the $5 a month.

Since that time I have had to call them about ever 3-4 months after I start receiving invoices for $5. Every time I call I get the same answers until they route me to an RV Expert who understands the program.

Has anyone else had this problem as I just received another invoice today and am really frustrated and do not want to call them again. Other than this aggravation I have been pleased with their service.

Any suggestions???

The first year we used it (2011) that happened over the winter. When I called the second time to get it fixed I wouldn't even tell the person my problem I simply asked for the person that specializes in RV accounts. After a moment of silence she transferred me. I was told that the $5 per month fee is for people that are under a contract. You have to make it clear to the person that takes your call that you are an RVer not under contract and the $5 monthly fee does not apply to you. They have been putting you in the wrong category when they shut it down. The caveat is if you are leasing equipment from them it may still apply.

We haven't had a problem since when we shut it down during the off season.