Sign in to follow this  
vinnynlaurie

Thor Miramar or Hurricane

My husband an I purchased our first motorhome about 8 months ago and have had one problem after another with our Thor A.C.E 30.1. We are full-timers and we feel like we purchased the wrong coach. We are looking at the Miramar and Hurricane now. We want any advise on either of these coaches for full-timing?

Full timing is a personal thing. Only you can decide what requirements you need. As far a different brands go chances are that some units within the same manufacturer will have more problems than others. What problems did you have with your Thor?

Leveling jacks (repaired 3 times now broken again), slides shifting on track, black mold on bed platform, fresh water fill, TV, radio/camera unit, and on and on. Is this typical or unusual for a Thor and/or ACE product?

You don't say what problems you have had with your current coach or what specifically you want in a new coach. Was the A.C.E. purchased new?

As desertdeals69 said, full timing is a personal thing.

You are aware that the Hurricane and Miramar are also made by Thor?

We had a 2009 Hurricane 31H and really enjoyed it but when we went full time we wanted something bigger - specifically basement storage, interior storage and full length closet space.

Leveling jacks (repaired 3 times now broken again), slides shifting on track, black mold on bed platform, fresh water fill, TV, radio/camera unit, and on and on. Is this typical or unusual for a Thor and/or ACE product?

Stay away from any Thor product. I have a new Palazzo that is nothing but failures, design problems, poor materials, and horrible workmanship. They have serious quality control issues with all of their entire production line.

"Entry level" motorhomes can be loaded with problems. My opinion is they are not built to be used full time. Hanko really hit the nail on the head. Good advice. I have been pushing quality control issues since I joined the forum. There are just more examples of what the industry needs to eliminate.