hanko

Allied (Nationwide) Insurance

Getting quotes, and I'm getting them all over the place especially Progressive. Talking with Robin at FMCA she came up with a good price from Allied, anyone have any experience with them?

They are an Insurance Company, I got them through a agent near our home. They saved me over half of what my previous provider did. Our previous provider was a good company but they were just too costly.

Herman

I have used Allied for my current and previous class A coach. They are a division of Nationwide so you get that "vanishing deductible" perk. Recently I had a rock damage my windshield while in route from my winter location in Texas back to Ohio (still in route, due home tomorrow evening) and Allied did a wonderful job locating a new windshield and arranging the shop to replace. They called us several times to see if we could make it all the way back to Ohio or we need to find a shop somewhere along our route. Because the damage is basically stable and the windshield will not be available until next week we will have it done in Ohio. We paid our deductible directly to Allied so we do not have anything to pay the shop.

On 3/29/2014 at 11:48 AM, hanko said:

They (Allied) have the best ban for the buck so far.

That's till you make a claim. Then the rates go up dramatically

If Allied is affiliated with Nationwide, I would be concerned about them. I had a terrible experience with Nationwide, to make short, they did not pay a claim for my business, and defied me to sue them. I won't do business with Nationwide ever again.

My two bits, Call Miller Insurance Agency, they are qualified across the country and advertise in the FMCA magazine. Cheryl was at Chandler, gave several seminars very good so we went with her on a new carrier, National General. It all appears good and saved some money too.

Bill Edwards

I went to National General this year after Allied (Nationwide) charged me over $2000.00 increase for having one claim last year . Not only was National General cheaper the coverage was better and they have a storage policy where if you don't use the coach all the time you receive a discount for the months you have the coach in storage . By the way they were over a thousand dollars cheaper than the cheapest quote received .

Micchael

I just changed from Progressive to NG, saved me $1, 997 !  Do not know why Progressive increased $1,600+ this year!

I just finished the paperwork yesterday on the phone. 

Interesting that I instigated this thru FMCA, but the agents only wanted to know if I was a GS member and did I have GS Road Side Service! :wacko: I said yes, but also told her that I was FMCA and asked if I was getting the rate due to being FMCA?  No, it's due to being a Good Sam member! :angry:

Perhaps this has something to do with "Allowing Towable" ?

On 6/28/2017 at 8:39 AM, RSBILLEDWARDS said:

My two bits, Call Miller Insurance Agency, they are qualified across the country and advertise in the FMCA magazine. Cheryl was at Chandler, gave several seminars very good so we went with her on a new carrier, National General. It all appears good and saved some money too.

Bill Edwards

Just looking over some old posts regarding ins. My current plan is Progressive through Nationwide but I'm not happy with them . This sounds good Bill and I was wondering how they cover windshield replacements? Thanks