Sign in to follow this  
JSPERRELLA

Patriot Act and Physical Residential Address

This is a Warning to those going Full Time without a physical residential address.

We just attempted to move our funds to Fidelity Investment and they refused to allow us to open an account because we did not have a physical address. They said we could use one of our relative’s addresses. This would cause at least two problems: 1. I would be falsifying the paperwork as this is not my address and 2. It would screw up my credit reporting as I would not know what address the credit service was using when I would attempt to unblock my credit report so I could use my excellent credit.

What Fidelity is claiming is that based on the Patriot Act we are a risk for money laundering.

What makes this totally absurd is that my wife and I both went for our NEXUS interview last week with HOMELAND SECURITY and were cleared and our card is in the mail to our PMB in South Dakota, the only address we used. Additionally last summer and again this year we will be working for the BLM in Oregon, having gone through their HOMELAND SECURITY background check and fingerprinting with only our PMB address.

We have been full time since late 2011 and Edward Jones or Vanguard do not have a problem with our address through Escapees. No problems with our insurance, driver license, voting, vehicle registration, etc.

It is a requirement under the Patriot Act. As a licensed rep I have to take that test every 2 years. Some companies are more strict in their interpretation than others. The Gov. just doesn't realize that a legal citizen can have a movable home.