Sign in to follow this  
on.vacation

Getting Oil Change 2001 Sarfari Zanzibar-- Where Is Oil Fill

Raise the bed/ closet to assess the top of the engine and it should be easy to find where the oil fill is.

If not, here is the tech number for Monaco-- Frank Phillips is very familiar with Safaris: 877 466-6226.

Brett

Brett,

The guy decided to put the oil in thru the back- he took off a yellow cap and used a funnel. We told him that it took 30 quarts and now they ran out. I cannot believe WE are paying for this! My husband said never again- he will change his own oil. We had to buy the filters anyway...Joe (my husband) did learn how to prime the water separator filter so it has not been a total waste. We have already been here 4 hours and all they did was rotate the tires- and there was nobody else that they are working on. Simply amazing....bill so far $558 (but that includes an alignment.

BTW- they used 4 different brands, all 15-40. Thought that was unusual also.

My husband went inside to try to open engine bay but the slide had to be out so he didn't access it.

Sure wish we had gone in to the diesel seminar at Perry....would have saved us a lot of headache today.

Do you think we are alright with where he put oil???

Cathy

Yes, if you have the deep sump (ribbed aluminum instead of stamped steel pan), the correct quantity is 29 quarts, so 30 should be OK.

Were all the oils used for diesels-- sure sounds like Bubba on the loose. Every auto parts house, Walmart, etc carries Rotella T 15-40 and most carry Delo 400 15-40, either of which are good choices.

But, if any of the oils was not rated for diesels, I would change it again when you get home.

Bubba is banging like **** on the bottom by the front axle. Don't know what he is doing. We have a steer safe he says is working. Don't know if he is banging on that. So sad....

The tire IS a manufacture defect- the manager said its called mold contamination- the steel from the mold must have been mixed with the rubber. Anyway he is going to replace the tire and return the defective tire to Firestone. I think I'll crawl under our rig and check the other 5 tires now....

Thanks for getting back to us.

I think he found the valves...oh joy- no more banging....