Sign in to follow this  
Genedee

Buckled Flooring in Motor Home

Has anyone had the problem of the linoleum flooring in your motorhome buckling over the cold winter months? I have a 2012 Thor Hurricane that this has happened to. It is out of warrenty so Thor won't do anything for me. I have a Corner Stone extended service contract on it but they also won't do anything for me. When I have talked to dealers they say it is a defect in manufacturing. They say the flooring is installed and then the cabinets and appliances are installed. This leaves no room for the linoleum to expand, If this is a continuing problem, I would think it would be covered somehow. At this point, I don't know where to turn. It looks like I am stuck for the replacement of the flooring.
======================================================================

I have a Thor Four Winds Chateu, and the linoleum floor in my bathroom is buckling. I do have an extended warranty with Interstate, I'll have to give them a call and see if they cover it. I go to a local RV service place near me and I'm going to check with them to see what they suggest.

There are several brands of floating floors on the market. As Ernie pointed out you can cut around the edges to replace it, or cut around the egdes to releive the buckling condition, then cover over it. The floating floors work very well, and are very easy to put down. There are many patterns and styles available, ie., tile look, hardwood look, etc. I have done this in two motorhomes so far, one, seven years ago and one two years ago. Both of them still look great. This is for information purposes only, but might help with some ideas.

Kay

I have just returned from my RV Dealer. He looked at the buckled flooring and said to replace it properly he would have to remove the slide so the flooring can be installed under it. If that is not done, it could cause problems down the line with the slide catching on the linoleum and damaging it again. This would be to the tune of about $3,700. Now I am worried about doing it myself.

Gene