mtmazz

Coach Camping In The Boulder CO Area

I am planning a visit to the Boulder CO area this summer (late June). Researching campgrounds & RV parks on the web and even those referred to by Good Sam and State/National Park web sites I am finding many are closed indefinitely due to flooding and other disasters related to last year's weather. I guess much the area is still in bad shape.

If anyone on the forum frequents the Boulder area and can offer advice on any RV Parks etc. in the area that are currently operating I would appreciate any recommendations.
Thanks,
Mark M

Hello!

If you need a site to just "park" overnight or a couple of nights, and you are away all day...there is full hook up at the Boulder County Fairgrounds, in Longmont. Just a few miles from Boulder. We have used it a couple of times, as we have family in Longmont. It is not an RV park with the perks, it's just a fairground. However, there is St. Vrain St Pk also at Longmont, just 6 miles from I-25. This just recently opened again after the floods. We will be staying there from July 1 to the 6th. Half hour north is a North Ft. Collins KOA, that seems to be very nice, too.

Safe Travels!

Jocelynn and Oscar (Quico) Power

28' Coachmen/Concord w/ tow

Gainesville, FL

About 15-20 miles south of boulder is Golden, which has several very nice RV parks, such as Dakota Ridge, Golden RV park (right next to clear creek), and the Jefferson County fairgrounds. You might also want to check out B&B RV and mobile park which is north of Boulder at the intersection of hwy 287 and hwy 52. No short term parking, but the park appears clean and well kept.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I managed to contact St Vrain State Park and verified they are re-opening in May so I made a reservation for my June 21-28 visit. I am looking forward to it, this looks like a beautiful area.

Good! Enjoy your stay at St. Vrain's. You leave on a Saturday, we arrive the next Tuesday. From there, we will be going to Ft. Collins, then the Badlands of South and North Dakota, the continue East and back home to FL.

Safe Travels!

Thanks Jocelynn and Oscar. I am from Minnesota, so we will be heading either to or from CO by way of the Badlands & Black Hills (and probably through Omaha the other way).

Planning a separate trip to spend some more time in South Dakota later in the summer.