CarolNancy

Cat And Clawing At Night To Be Outside Of Coach

We are newbies at RVing and we have a Maine Coon Cat names Fluffy or Fluff for short. She has no problems with traveling accept she thinks she needs to be outside at night when we are parked (which we have let her do). Now if we don't let out she will claw at our air mattress or the seats or whatever she so chooses because she knows she can get our attention and she won't stop until we let her out.

We have a cat house that I put out under the coach behind the front tire and she uses that. But there are times I would rather her be inside because it may be too cold or else for the fear of wild animals, but she insists on being outside.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can keep her inside at night without her keeping us up all night wanting out?

Carol

De-claw her and have a good nights sleep. Please no flames from the other side that think this is bad. The OP asked for suggestions and all our very happy cats (3 currently) are de-clawed and never a nuisance (except they like to sleep with us).

Appears to me she has you very well trained. Now its your turn to train her. I know, its much easier for them to train us than for us to train them.

My cat sits a distance away pretending he is not interested in going out when the door is open for a visitor when you watch him. I try to keep my foot ready for a block if he tries to go out the door. The moment eyes are off him he will try to shoot out the door with success many times.

Hi,

I know you posted this a long time ago, but we also travel with a Maine coon who wants out!!! We solved this by a two prong attack. First, we got him a harness (kitty holster on Amazon) and we take him for long walks. Sometimes he will walk a hour, which is MY limit. Second, just before bedtime we have an energetic play time. I get him to race around the RV. He loves to blast from the back to the front and back again. I reserve special toys for RV trips, so he gets something unexpected to play with on trips. I reallly work to wear him out before we turn in. He then gets some treats and after treats he curls up for a big bath and bed. AND do NOT declaw (amputate his toes) him. It isn't necessary!!!