mikes1932

Brake Light Switch Location

I have a 2005 Dynamax Grand Sport and just started having a brake light problem. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I was trying to locate the brake light switch, and I'm lost. Any help?

I have a 2005 Dynamax Grand Sport and just started having a brake light problem. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I was trying to locate the brake light switch, and I'm lost. Any help?

Mikes,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

The brake light switch was fit by Freightliner. Have you called Gaffney with your serial number? They are your best source of information.

If you need the information this evening, might call a Freightliner dealer with extended service hours.

And it is also possible that someone else with your same chassis will have the answer.

Brett Wolfe

Mikes,

The brake light switch was fit by Freightliner. Have you called Gaffney with your serial number? They are your best source of information.

If you need the information this evening, might call a Freightliner dealer with extended service hours.

And it is also possible that someone else with your same chassis will have the answer.

Brett Wolfe

Thank you for answering me, and I'm sorry it took me so long to reply. The problem ended up being the stop light switch. It is located on the third crossmember back. It is grouped together with 6 other relays. Facing the rear of the coach, it is the first relay on the right. It took about 15 minutes to change, and the cost for the switch was $56.00.

Mikes,

Brett Wolfe

Do Freightliner and Gaffney still provide information about brake switches? I'm trying too look for information on-line about them but i cant seem to find any.