Sign in to follow this  
johnfv2

Grey Tank Sloooooow

My grey tank seems to drain very slow. 2" or so pipe compared to the 3" for the black tank. If the is some sort of blockage anyone have any idea how to check it out?

Not sure what MH you have, or how the drain connections are configured,,,but when we had the class c,,,I was able to use a water hose and work it up the gray water outlet and turned the water on full and flushed it out,,,,

Also,,,sometimes,,workers when installing tanks have left scrap in the tank that can block the outlet pipe.

Not sure this helps much,,,,jmho,,,don't think I would use any of those harsh chemicals,,,,,I would spend some time and try the flush, flush and flush again to see if that helps.

It is a pain when they drain slooooowly.

Good Luck

Yes, Johnfv2, the gray tank does drain much slower than the black because of the smaller pipe size. Is this something that just started happening, is this a new rig to you?

We wipe off the dishes before we wash them to eleminate the small particles from going down the sink. We have a small screen in the shower to catch hair and small particles of bar soap . We use a product that also breaks down stuff in the gray tank and black tank along with helping cut down odors.

If this problem is just starting then maybe you have building up of some kind in the tank and flushing it with water after soaking it and driving the rig around, maybe that will help it flush out.

We had somewjhat the same problem. The black would flow no problem grey on the other hand could take up to 45 mins to drain.

It was still under warranty so we had Monaco look at it. When they orginally installed the tank they left bits and pieces of the wood in the tank when they drilled to connect it. They did fix it, 45 man hoyrs later. Works okay now, a touch slow but can't compalin. I also had a mercerater put on and that seems to have helped also. Being level or out of level also has a play in it too.