Sign in to follow this  
jmcguire

New Diesel Owner

Just bought a class A with a 200 horse wordforce diesel. Seems to run fine but we are planning a long summer trip and I wonder what pre-trip maintinance I should perform on this used motorhome. It is five years old and has 20k on the engine. Don't have any maint. records and don't want to spend $$ I don't need to. Any recommendations? Thanks....jmcguire

Hi jmcguire,

I'm not familiar with the wordforce diesel and are you sure its only 200 HP? Thats seems small for any class A motorhome. Hopefully, someone can give you some help.

At the very least, I would suggest you change all the fluids and filters for the engine and genset. Check the belts and hoses also.

jmcguire,

If you could post the make, model, size, generator and any other information you can it would be helpful in getting the answers you need.

Good luck,

Herman

We are taking a several thousand mile trip in less than a month. I decided to have the oil and filter replaced and the fuel filters replaced. The service also included greasing all greaseable joints. I believe the cost (it was not cheap) is small in comparison to an engine failure. Maintenance is cheap, breakdowns are not. Since you do not have maintenance records, get it done.

I did not do the generator since it was fully serviced less than a year ago.

Wonder if you have a Navistar Maxxforce diesel in a small Class A.

And, a good place to start is to read the owners manual that came with your chassis and engine. If you don't have records, assume that nothing has been done-- that is certainly the safest route.

If you can contact the previous owner, you may be able to get maintenance records.

Tiffin Allegro offered in 2010, Navistar Maxxforce 7 diesel, was rated at 215 HP. For information purposes only!!!!

Perhaps the OP can clarify exactly what coach/chassis/engine they have. That will certainly allow for better feedback.