TRVL42

Storage Compartments Locked

We are currently camping in Cape Hatteras, NC. The couple next to us has a 2008 Monaco Camelot. The keypad controls locking/unlocking the door and storage compartments. The electricial systems is multiplex. The door will open, however three storage compartments will not unlock. How do you bypass the system to get the storage compartment doors to open. Hope he doesn't have to force the doors open (costly repair). Any suggestions.

Gary,

Are the storage compartments that do not open in the same area / same side?

Does the coach have pass through that opens on one side?

Latch actuators / solenoids would need a 12 volt source to pull the release pins / bars, by chance is there any other 12 volt system / items that do not work?

Rich.

Edit,

Does the coach have a Bay lock switch on the dash?

Rich,

He has three doors that will not open. Two on the drivers side and one on the co-pilot side. One bay does have pass through. Don't think he has any other system that does not work. We will be checking tomorrow on other options. Let you know tomorrow (dark now).

Gary, sounds good to me. I sent you a PM with some additional information. Think if you can find the security control module, that we my be able to come up with a way to get them unlocked.

Can go over the thought I have after you look things over in the morning.

Rich.

Can you hear the solenoids make a noise when you try to activate them? If they do, push in on the door a little when someone tries to activate them.

Bill

Update: We were able to remove the u-bolts (latch catches) from inside the bay compartments and this released the doors. Removed the solenoid/actuators and replaced the door latch. The owner elected to do away the electricial solenoid/actuators and manually open and lock the doors. We appreciate the input to resolve the issue. This certainly is better that destroying the doors.