Sign in to follow this  
kaelalynn

Data Plate Location On Damon Escaper 2003

If you are talking about the GVWR plaque that gives GVWR, GAWR, wheel and tire size and tire pressure at GAWR's, it is normally in the area of the driver's seat. Often on the wall.

We had a Four Winds Hurricane made by the same company as Damon. Label was on the back wall of the bedroom closet.

It was in the closet, but it didn't have what I was looking for. I wanted the axle weights and recommended tire rating, i.e. "G" or "H". I couldn't find them in the literature that I have. The max weight for MH is 31,000#

I don't have any other suggestions for the label location. Brett has already mentioned the area near the drivers seat.

I looked at the literature on the Thor website: http://thormotorcoach.com/media/documents/2003_escaper_view.pdf

According to the literature, you have either a Freightliner or Spartan chassis. It appears that the Freightliner chassis has a Caterpillar engine while the Spartan chassis has a Cummins engine.

If it is Freightliner, then this link will give more information (GVWR, tire size, front and rear axle GAWR, etc.)

http://freightlinerchassis.com/images/pdf/Damon/XC0904-2003.pdf

There is a spec sheet listed on the Thor website for the Spartan chassis. It is listed with the literature for the 2004 Escaper.

Hopefully this information will help.

Thanks to everyone and especially Leary. The info I needed was on the 2nd page for the Freightliner. I had a Freightliner owner's manual, but it didn't have the info, at least that I could find, so I didn't even think to try and find more info from the factory on it. I was going to call Thor Monday, but now I won't have to. Again, thanks to everyone for all the help. You guys were great!