Sign in to follow this  
mapleskoff

CG Recommendation Central or West Coast of Florida

Just moved north and don't wish to spend next winter in WI.

Looking for camping recommendations for Class C rig for February and March in central or west coast of FL.

Thanks in advance.

Doc Mike

Hi Mike

My wife and I winter just south of Sarasota Fl. at a place called RCR ( Royal Coachman Resort) we love all the activities in the park and friendly staff. The whole area in under a canopy of mature pines and live oaks.

Check out the web site. It's located in Nokomis Fl. And two miles from the beach.

They offer seasonal rates.not cheap but what is in the winter?

Jim

Williston RV Park in Williston, FL is an excellent park.....activities, pool, wifi, cable, quiet town! Also Rockcrusher Canyon RV Park in Crystal River is an excellent park with all the amenities.....

George

Top Sail, a Florida state park between Destin, and Panama City Beach, is a beautiful park. It's about 90 miles east of the Alabama and Florida state line, just off of hwy 98 and on 30A.

Hello!

If it is the first time that you come over to Florida for the winter, may I suggest that you don't stay in just one park all winter? There is so much to see and do! Of course, it all depends on what you like, or don't like to do, and if you are or not, on a budget. Do you like history? the beach? nature? You have time to get Tour books at AAA or FL tourism. However, may I suggest some areas:

- stop by Pensacola Air Naval Station museum, takes at least one day. On some Wednesdays, you are able to see the Blue Angels practice.

- a few days at the St. George Island ST. PK at the panhandle. There is a unique little town with great seafood restaurants and the beach is beautiful.

- Rainbow Springs ST PK at Dunnellon, FL their waterfalls, garden and trails full of flowers is one of the most beautiful springs on the west coast of FL.

- Turtle Beach, at Siesta Key, Sarasota FL is a very small (40 sites) full hook-up park just 50 feet from the beach. Sunsets are awesome! Just be sure to call 6 months to the date ahead of your arrival date. It is very popular park.

Divide your vacation time in three portions, North, Central and South. Stay at one park in each area and visit the small towns and hundreds of springs around them. Enjoy Florida!

Jocelynn W Power

Gainesville, FL

Thanks for all of the good suggestions. Having been stationed on a Navy Tanker out of Mayport many years ago, I am somewhat familiar with the state, as well as the mosquitoes! My lovely wife has family north of Orlando, so will spend some time there. Would like to be near the gulf coast the rest of the time, but my only MUST is that the place be clean, secure, and comfortable.

Looking forward to a warmer winter than we had this recent one.

Doc Mike

Hi!

We just spent a weekend at Salt Springs ST PK, in the Ocala Forest. It is on SR 19, north of SR 40. Beautiful park, delightful springs and full hook-up. From October to April you can stay all the time.... for summer the limit is 2 weeks. Should you have a senior federal pass.... it's half price!

Highly recommended!