pat4jay@msn.com

Service and Parts for National RV products

My brother-in-law owns a 1999 (on 2000 chasis) Dolphin. He needs to find some parts but doesn't know where to start. I thought I had read somewhere that one of the manufacturers was picking up parts for National. Is that true? Who? Where? Help!!!!!

pat4jay

My brother-in-law owns a 1999 (on 2000 chassis) Dolphin. He needs to find some parts but doesn't know where to start. I thought I had read somewhere that one of the manufacturers was picking up parts for National. Is that true? Who? Where? Help!!!!!

pat4jay

This FMCA chapter has done an excellent job of compiling just such information:

http://www.nationalrv-centralstates.org/Maintenance.html

Brett Wolfe

On 9/3/2009 at 5:41 PM, wolfe10 said:

This

DO you have any updates to this file as it no longer exists? I have a 1997 National Dolphin and want to find parts for it.

Thank you!

JStumpf68,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Ya, the post above is over a decade old.

What kind of parts are you looking for:

Body parts (coach specific)

P30 chassis parts

P30 chassis upgrade parts

P30 engine or maintenance parts

Other

12 minutes ago, JStumpf68 said:

DO you have any updates to this file as it no longer exists? I have a 1997 National Dolphin and want to find parts for it.

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum. What kind of parts are you looking for? 

Brett types faster.

Bill

I have tried to find the tie rod ends and the mechanic is waiting for a steering part which has to be installed as well to replace / fix tie rod and some of the bushings.

They had to order it out of "old/new stock" from Washington State a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry for the generic answer as I am not a mechanic. I have some mechanical common sense but not enough to repair this size rig.

Thank you for the help. Yes we recently joined FMCA and are looking at the many options.

Stump,

Welcome to the Forum.

Might I suggest that if you have the "Tie Rod Ends" off that you take them to a NAPA store and ask them if they can come up with a part # that will work. The ones I have dealt with in the past love a challenge.

If my memory serves we, most front end part on a P-30 chassis are GM parts.

Good luck,

Herman