jemcge28

Short, Under 12 Foot Tall Class A Motorhomes

I am looking to purchase a new Class A motorhome, gas or diesel, under 12 feet in height and no wider than 96 inches.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Jim

Jim, You may find what you are looking for in an older Airstream or Ultrastar. However most DP will be between 11.5 and 12.5 feet but are almost always 102" wide.

Good Luck,

Herman

Not aware of a new one fitting that criteria.

But, used YES.

In fact our last coach, a 1993 Foretravel fit that bill exactly: 96" width and 10' 6" tall, 36' long. Diesel pusher with Caterpillar engine, Allison 6 speed transmission.

Jim,

The only thing I know of new is the Thor Axis. It is 94" wide, 11'3" tall and 25'6" long. It is built on a Ford E350 chassis. They describe it as an a different breed of class A - an RUV. One gentleman on another forum described it as a Class A built on a Class C chassis. I don't know anything about it other than what I read on the Thor website:

axis-motorhome.com

Good luck with your search.

Looking for this size specification because it exists in a 2014 Tiffin Breeze 32BR and was hoping to find other manufacturers with similar sized coach.

Looking for this size because my 2012 Tiffin Allegro 30ga is a little hard for me to drive on long trips.

We Own the Axis and have owned other RVs that are much taller and longer and I see the coach size to be a choice in what capacity your are using it, we like to travel spending a week or less in most places that is why we chose the Axis, when we had the kids at home and had a specific place to go and stay the real-estate behind the drivers and passenger seat was important, now we pull a Jeep Wrangler and combined length is 41ft. much easer to navigate. 

Just a different perspective. 

My BaRTH is 11'6" tall. It is aircraft aluminum.  Most are under 10 ton.  Mine tipps the scales at 15 ton.   There are several Barth class A campers for sale at Barthmobile.com.  Some are gas and some are diesel pushers.  Mine is on a Gillig Chassis.   Some are Spartan Chassises.  The gassers are mostly Chevrolet Chassises. 

What is your budget jemcge28

Edited by kev
content

2 hours ago, kev said:

My BaRTH is 11'6" tall. It is aircraft aluminum.  Most are under 10 ton.  Mine tipps the scales at 15 ton.   There are several Barth class A campers for sale at Barthmobile.com.  Some are gas and some are diesel pushers.  Mine is on a Gillig Chassis.   Some are Spartan Chassises.  The gassers are mostly Chevrolet Chassises. 

What is your budget jemcge28

He may not be around anymore. this thread was started/ Posted April 26, 2014. 

I have missed when one was  started before so don't feel bad. Who knows.

Bill

Well Kev, you may not get an answer from them but I don't think it hurts to post on an old thread. Who knows, it might revive it into a long long discussion.

Wayn77590 I monitor post frequently, I just don’t respond because of a particular site monitor that criticized me for asking a question on a old post that he felt that it wasn’t relevant, I see that person has commented on kev's posting, I believe there are no irrelevant questions.

kev, we still own the Axis and have made many updates / improvements and still am a fan of the smaller class A's and B's, Ive seen and spoke to folks that have made the swap from mammoth A's to smaller more maneuverable RVs and are real happy with their choice, I still think its in how your utilizing your RV, I stand by my previous post, its all in purpose, its just me and the wife now and an occasional grand child but if it more then two or three or full timers defiantly you’ll need the space. If you would like to discuss further please message me, I really would prefer not to be scrutinized.

Edited by ramseypk

Ramseypk, I understand and agree. Many come to the forum looking for information. Old posts have much of that information. It doesn't bother me if it is revived. If I don't care for it I just move on.

When I come to the forum I click on unread posts. I read what I need to read.

Thanks for the reply.