Sign in to follow this  
Larry196

Why Is Everything Falling Apart?

We just completed a tour of the camping club (I will not give the name) sites that belong to the club we belong to, basically a week in each location.

When we joined 8 years ago we had fun and there seemed to be something going on daily, now across the board, the parks were only about 20% FULL, nothing going on to speak of, and the things that were scheduled were being cancelled, one by one because no one came, or signed up. The maint. was not getting done and the employees were leaving, I don't mean the part timers for the winter, but the people that stayed year around.

Seemed to be a general lack of customer service, the offices were only opened 4 hours a day.

We stopped at a few out of the club places and were met with HO-HUM at those parks too.

Does anyone feel the same attitude too ?

Larry

20% full sounds wonderful, unless they park the 20% all together. On a recent 5 week 3000 mi trip, most of the campgrounds were near capacity. I guess I'm not sure what a "camping club" is. Are you referring to something like Thousand Trails or Escapees?