jleamont

Newmar With Kitchen In A Slide- Problems?

We are considering purchasing a used Newmar with the kitchen on the slide (not the refrigerator), this will be our first coach with a slide let alone critical utilities on the slide also.

Has anyone seen problems with the gas or water plumbing leaking from being moved back and forth thru the years?

Thank you

We are considering purchasing a used Newmar with the kitchen on the slide (not the refrigerator), this will be our first coach with a slide let alone critical utilities on the slide also. Has anyone seen problems with the gas or water plumbing leaking from being moved back and forth thru the years?

Thank you

I sure hope not. We just purchased a hardly used MH with the kitchen on a slide. I'd be interested to hear any comments on this issue also.

We had a 1999 Harney Coach Renegade with kitchen slide. About 2006, we had a leak in the drain line for the sink, but it was easy to get to and repair. The hose had rubbed on the floor for years. When I repaired, I added support to keep that from happening.

I only had one problem with the kitchen on the slide. The sink p-trap nut came loose enough to leave a small puddle on the floor. I think it was due to road vibration not the slide. 5 minute fix on a double sink.

We have had coaches with kitchen slides for 12 years both Newmars with no problems. We have lived in our current coach for 6 years as full timers and love the lay out of this coach. Normally the kitchen slide is only about 18 inches wide to accommodate the pluming and gas lines that are necessary for the function of the kitchen.

Our AC has the entire kitchen on a slide...stove, sink and refer...no problems at all.

Thank you for the reply, we looked at several Newmar's and only one had a good roof that wasn,t leaking, the rest of the unit and the narrow minded dealer turned us away.

Thanks.