I have two dogs that travel with me. One is 13-year-old black Lab and is slowed down but in good health. The other is 2-year-old pointer/American bulldog mix who has a lot of energy. I'd like to attend the rally but have to bring the dogs, for I can't leave them at home. I think I need information on lot of rules, for I have never attended one of these rallies before.

Also, do I need to tow my Jeep or is everything within walking distance? F434302 is on card and 434302 is the number on the goose egg.

Hi Ray.

Glad to hear you are considering joining us in Redmond. Dogs are welcome at all FMCA Family Reunions. Here are the rules regarding pets.

Pets are welcome at FMCA Family Reunions but must be kept in the parking areas unless they are providing service assistance. Pets are not allowed in the activity centers – seminars, entertainment, morning coffee hour, etc. – or exhibit areas. Please be a responsible pet owner. Clean up pet waste, prevent the pet from making excessive noise, and keep it on a leash when outside the motorhome.

As far as bringing your towed vehicle, you certainly can bring it if you want to travel into the nearby towns of Redmond, Sisters, or Bend; sight-see away from the immediate vicinity; or run errands while staying at the fairgrounds. However, a towed car is not necessary to get around the fairgrounds. Depending on where you are parked, you may be within walking distance of many of the activity centers. There also will be multiple trams circulating the fairgrounds to shuttle attendees to and from activities.

I hope this information helps and you do decide to join us for FMCA's 90th Family Reunion in Redmond.

Great to hear about rules and no need for toad. Dogs is well behaved but I will bring along wireless fence so young one don't escape. I'm signed up now for Redmond, OR with electric.

Electric at the rally is a very good idea. It can be hot, hot, hot in Redmond in August!

I will fill the diesel tank before I enter so I have plenty of fuel to run the generator if needed. My wife is ready for an adventure.

The phone is your friend. I called the 800 number today and verify the reservation and they have it. The packet with instruction is supposed to come at the end of the month so we should see them beginning of July. Bill I'm testing the generator and both air conditioners as I'm typing this. Seems to be working great

Now, add up the cost of running the genset 24/7 to survive the near 100 degree temps possible in that area that time of year and you will wish you had an electric site!

It's a great facility, however, so you should have a great time no matter how you do it!

Now, add up the cost of running the genset 24/7 to survive the near 100 degree temps possible in that area that time of year and you will wish you had an electric site!

It's a great facility, however, so you should have a great time no matter how you do it!

I reserved an electric site Bill but I know there can be a power failure and I still want to be ready if it happens.

You bet! I always keep my genset serviced and ready. We are currently in Tucson, AZ with 100+ temps. If the campground were to lose power (and they do during these excessive power draw periods) I want to know for certain that my generator will be able to handle the load.

Our coach has a generator controller that provides an Auto Mode (Onan Energy Command 30). You can set it to start the generator should the power fail and the air conditioner needs to run. We were in Moab Utah recently when the power failed during the extreme heat of the day. Our small dog "Sami" was in the coach while we were touring the Arches. When we returned, she was perfectly comfortable as the generator started and kept the air conditioners running. Probably saved her life.

You might check to see if your rig has this option or to see if one is available.

Gerald D Heinrich

Looks like there will be stormy drives to Redmond today and tomorrow. Please be safe and drive careful on these stormy condition. You can blame the storms on me as I shined up my coach for the drive there tomorrow. Mother nature wins another one.

We have the energy command 30 and are trying to set it the safety is set park on and off not sure how to reset to start when land line goes off.

I think this post needs to go into electronics.

Forgive my ignorance, please.  What is a energy command 30?  As for the rest, I can't read what it is, your asking!

Herman, I think the member got that question into the wrong thread, Like Carl mentioned.

Think this is beyond Brett's pay grade and might require the IT Dept.

Sure reads to me that they are looking for information on an EMS system. Then again it might be a request for info on the Generator  auto state settings ? 

Rich.

That is why I sent him a PM, hoping to find out what he was needing. Then maybe we could help. Wont know till he responds.

Oh well we can just wait. 

Herman