tsheppard1958

Air Dump Switch

tsheppard1958,

Welcome to the FMCA forum!

Are you looking for the electrical or the air valve and air spring system information?

Is the air ride working? Or is the dump system preventing it from inflating?

Rich.

tsheppard1958,

On my dynasty there is a leveling pad. There are a Off, Raise, Dump, and an Air buttons. I do not have jacks, just the air leveling. When I park I do the following: 1) dump the air, 2) press the air button twice (at this point the 4 corner red lights will light up and an orange light will appear until that area is level) 3) I then put out the slides and repeat step 2.

On your Cayman you may have jacks. If so you should dump your air first then level the coach. By dumping the air you lower the coach and the jacks do not have to extend so far.

Herman

Newbie,

Great question. I have a 2008 H/R Ambassador. If I want to dump the air to lower the coach before leveling I hold down the Air Dump switch. Now when I go to level it says the engine must be running when leveling. All that does is air up the system while leveling. Seems counter productive to me. Any help/comments would be appreciated.

Still having problems air dump switch check today have no 12 volts going to air solenoid check fuse and fuse is good no 12 volts to air dump switch.

Any suggestions on what to check?

Running a 12 volts line to solenoid works good-- dumps air.

Newbie,

Great question. I have a 2008 H/R Ambassador. If I want to dump the air to lower the coach before leveling I hold down the Air Dump switch. Now when I go to level it says the engine must be running when leveling. All that does is air up the system while leveling. Seems counter productive to me. Any help/comments would be appreciated.

On my 2011 Monaco Knight the instructions say to hold down the air dump switch and pump the brakes. This will dump the air much more quickly. You need to continue this process while the engine is running to level the coach. Works for me.

Done it both ways and prefer to turn off engine and turn switch on, then dump switch, then jacks. Let all 4 slides out and re check level, turn switch off to stop low air

beep. 2010 AMC 45' DP.