Bounder2016

Bounder Dash AC Condenser Problem

My 2005 Bounder with 8.1 Chevy Workhorse was blowing hot air from dash unit, also making squealing noise. We put it into a shop, they said ac compressor was bad, clutch about to fall off, and all pulleys were bad, they changed compressor, all pulleys and belt for $1800.

Noise stopped, but when I tried ac a week later, it made a loud noise when switch was on, quite when it was off. took back to repair shop, and was told ac compressor blew, and they had to order another one.

When new one came in, they changed it and found that the head pressure was too high, and said I needed a new condenser and they would try and find one and let me know how much more it would cost me. after 2 weeks of waiting,

I called Workhorse and found condenser in stock, but cost $1800. I'm just wondering if the condensers go bad and cause this problem?

I don't have the money to fix it the first time, but having to put out almost $4000 to fix it, will this really fix the problem?

Bounder2016

Many times after compressor failure small particles get caught in passages of condenser plugging them.

If they cannot be blown or flushed out you need to replace the unit. I assume they have checked for good air flow across condenser. Mine has two fans that move air through the condenser. If yours is this way one could be not working or if it is radiator mounted it could be bad fan clutch.

I would ask them if head pressure was OK when they installed compressor for clutch pulley problems?

If it was good at that time and is now high and unit is plugged with debris from compressor ask about compressor manufactures warranty. .

Good luck

Dave