Sign in to follow this  
DonMiller

Towing 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude w/Drive ll Availability

Just bought the above Jeep to tow behind my motorhome. Was wondering if anyone else has one also. My question is whether or not it would be necessary to go through all of the several steps to safely tow it each morning before we leave whatever campground we happen to be in? Also, anyone have any issues with low battery during a 400-mile day trip? Any comments will be appreciated.

Don

I have a 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk since you do not have to have the ignition on to unlock the steering wheel there is no fuses to pull and no additional battery drain and when traveling and stopping overnight I check the lights and brakes before leaving the following morning and have had no issues.

If you are just staying for the night, just check to ensure nothing has come loose (lights and aux. brakes work) and that no one has tampered with your setup. There generally is not a reason to unhook unless you are planning to drive somewhere that night.

I have friends that someone loosened the lug nuts on one of their toad wheels. The wheel came off. What a mess! Only takes a minute to check the lugs. If they are loose enough to come off, just checking by hand should be enough to ensure there is not a problem. If you feel better, keep a ratchet and socket on hand to check them.