Sign in to follow this  
jlandon13399

Cummins Power Club

I received a free one year membership in the Cummins Power Club. I now have a request to renew my membership for another year. I am asking if there is any benefit to this club. Thee are no Cummins dealers in Tucson, the nearest is in Phoenix. There are so many "clubs" an RVer can join, I am looking for feedback if any of you found value in the Cummins Club.

We always have our regular engine maintenance done at a Cummins shop somewhere along the route of our travels. For us, it pays to belong and we are always confident that the work Cummins does is done right. We've had several problems with the generator and engine and the membership really helps with the larger bills that accompany that work.

You don't necessarily have to keep the membership in effect, you can get it any time and we've always found that the company shops will offer you the membership at the time service is done so you can purchase it next time you take the coach in to a Cummins shop and get the discount then and be good for another year. We're in every year for service so we keep our membership in effect pretty much continuously.

Rich and Tom,

Thanks for your replays. I do want to keep my rig in good mechanical shape. As a result I will renew my Cummins Power Club membership. This is another example of the value of this forum!!

Guy's I need some advice, we are considering our first diesel coach, looking at a new unit with the Cummins ISB, I am scared to death to buy this thing and it spending all it's time behind a tow truck. I am a diesel tech and I work on Ford products.

I have no experience with the Cummins product, anyone have any advice? We want something that will give us good years of service, since I am still full time employed it won't see more than 6000 miles a year,. When we do go camping we run long distances, reason for the diesel, the v10 we have now struggles and its too small. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Guy's I need some advice, we are considering our first diesel coach, looking at a new unit with the Cummins ISB, I am scared to death to buy this thing and it spending all it's time behind a tow truck. I am a diesel tech and I work on Ford products.

I have no experience with the Cummins product, anyone have any advice? We want something that will give us good years of service, since I am still full time employed it won't see more than 6000 miles a year,. When we do go camping we run long distances, reason for the diesel, the v10 we have now struggles and its too small. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

First this is not a Ford you don't have to work on them all the time. :D What make and model is it? Second I would by used to save that big depreciation when you drive off the lot.

Bill

jleamont, The evolution of the ISB 24 valve engine is covered at this link.

http://www.cumminsdieselspecs.com/24v.html

With all the changes there are always some items that come up. My coach is equipped with an ISB that uses the Bosh VP-44 injector pump, that all changed in 2003 when they went with the High Pressure Common Rail system.

In 2007 the EPA requirements made adding an EGR system and in 2010 the addition of the DEF system. The ISB went out of production in 2009.

The ISB series is a well proven engine.

The general consensus for the best years leans towards 04 / 05. Relatively simple and before all the EPA requirements, with good HP to Torque numbers.

The weight of the coach is a big factor in MPG and the way the engine performance matches up.

Look, ask questions and drive different coaches.

Then the tough item is, what floor plan to fit your travel style.

Rich.

I've got 12,750 miles on my 2013 with the ISB6.7. Fantastic product. I've hated Cummins for 40 years. I sold for Cat and Detriot Diesel. This ISB is a tremendous product. I'm now considering a Dodge Pick UP.

Buy it you cannot go wrong. We get around 11 mpg with a toad. The VGT works great.

This is the first I have heard about the Cummins Club. Is the phone assistance for a clubmember any different than a non-member? Also the website access, is it any better than Cummins Quickserve?

The only issue I've heard regarding the 6.7 is that some manufacturers put it in coaches that need more engine...it's too small for heavy coaches.