Sign in to follow this  
Landyachters

Not getting 120 Volts

I have a 2004 Monaco Dynasty. When I try to bring 120-volts into the bus, the Aladin on shows 99 or 100 volts, then kicks off. I have tested the cord coming into the bus and I am at 119 volts. Every thing works well when I am at 50-amp shore power or running the generator. Any suggestions?

I sounds like you have something running when you plug into the outlet (sounds like a regular household 15 amp plug?) that is drawing too much and causing a voltage drop due to the cord you are using. You don't have this issue with 50 amp which has more power and a much better power cord. Does that sound like a possibility? If not, we are going to need more details.

Can you monitor the voltage and current on you Aladin when using a 50-amp shore power outlet?

Do you read a higher current and lower voltage level on one side compared to the other?

If there is a difference, what circuits are powered from the different mains in the AC breaker box?

(Edit 5-15)

When you are connected to 30-amp shore power, what size wire are you using or are you using an adapter cable to convert from 50-amp to 30-amp ?

Rich.