gadget

Carpet For Outside Steps

I want to replace the carpet on the outside steps of the coach. I have not been able to find anything thats decent.

What is the best thing I can do?...I want to leave as much dirt outside of the coach.

Thank you

gadget,

A step cover is good to keep you from slipping on the step in bad weather. They can be found in various colors and as huffy said try Camping World or a like RV Dealer or parts house. However the choice of colors is limited. Might I suggest that you also look for a all weather door mat. You can get a mat that you can scrape the dirt from you shoes before entering your coach.

Herman

thank you...and i hope i get more suggestions...I have been to camping world and the carpets they had were of poor quality. I do want the steps covers to look nice...and of course more important to clean off the bottom of shoes....thanks again

If you don't mind the color black, go to Loews and get some outdoor carpet runner....I make a template for one step, cut out the pieces I need and glue them on with 3M trim adhesive. Had them on several RVs now, work great and last a long time...easy to install, stay in place and easy to replace and best of all.....a lot less money than the ones in RV stores...

We have step covers that we bought from a vendor at a rally.

They wrap all the way around the step and are held on by velcro.

They come in a number of different colors and came with a contrasting bands that go around the step and helps to hold them on.

They are made out of indoor outdoor carpet so are very washable.

A little late, but thank you all. My dog is 15 years old and has arthritis, she is on steroids and refuses to use a ramp (like some people I know) but I think the rubber would help. :wub:

Carl C.