Sign in to follow this  
chuckconnie

Fresh Water Pump Switch

Have a 2011 Tiffin Allegro and it has 3 switches inside for the water pump. Problem is there is no way of knowing whether the pump is on or not, due to the fact that there are no indicator lights on the switches. When hauling grandkids there is no way of knowing if they hit a switch or not unless you hear the pump running. I am talking about the system with no water in the fresh water tank.

Called Tiffin and they said I do not have a transfer switch so I cannot install the newer switches with indicator lights.

ANY IDEAS??????

Chuck

Chuck,

Each of your switches are momentary switches. If I understand it correctly there is a relay that when activated sends power to the pump. When your pressure limiter determines the pressure is correct it will break the connection. There will still be power to the pump until you disconnect the power with your momentary switch. So it seems to me that on the positive wire to the pump you should be able to tap on to the + line to a light. It may require running some wires to a light some where.

Any body else have a better idea???

Herman

What Herman states is correct, but the newer pumps that should be in your 2011 are supposed to be able to run dry without damage. I think from the what you stated you are traveling with no fresh water. We always travel with some fresh water. Long trips at least 1/2 tank, and short trips 1/4 tank. You will never know when you will need some water especially with young children, or in an emergency to add water to the radiator.

The same thing annoyed me until I resolved the issue by adding an l.e.d. to the switch in the bathroom. It glowed dimly all the time and became bright when the switch was activated. That solved the issue. If I remember correctly, the switch in the galley did the same at the control panel .......glowed "water pump" until it was turned on at which time it became bright.

My current switches are not momentary switches. They are on/off rocker switches and can be visually observed as to the position they are in. Ideally, I would like a switch in the galley..... Instead Newmar put one in the overhead control panel at the entry and, of course, in the bathroom. It is a low priority change that I may make. I may add an l.e.d. to the dash that would tell me one of the switches is on.

Anyhow, there is a solution for your problem as Herman stated. Head to Radio Shack and pick up an L.E.D. and pull the switch, break out the test light and end your frustration. It is worth the effort to eliminate the little annoyances in life.

Sorry Chuck, however in my Dynasty there are three water pump switches. One in the Bath, one under the Kitchen Sink and one in the Bay. All are momentary.

Herman