Sign in to follow this  
Wallee

Fresh Water Tank

I have a question on the so called level indicators on the fresh water tank.

Looking at mine, I have a ground on the very bottom then 3 other wires attached by screws at 1/4 1/2 and 3/4 mark.

The only lite that lites up is the red lite. OK so now I know the sensors get dirty, so there is no way to clean them on the inside of tank.

So my question is: Will I get them to work if I put 3 new screws in though the tank

besides the old ones?

Or is or are there some kind of magic to the sensors-- like stainless or brass screws?

PS I have room to work there so its not to bad.

Wallee

There are tank level sensors that use sensors on the outside of the tank. See Level comes to mind - http://www.rvgauge.com/rv.htm

I have also replaced existing sensors by drilling a new hole and inserting "well nuts" with the old wires connected to them. Seemed to work fine and they can be replaced as needed in the future.

Lenp

Hello Lenp,

OK you got me.

I checked out the system and get a current though the wires. I put a small container of water beside the tank and jumped the different wires to it and all the level lites work. So, well nuts?

So, I'm thinking just get a brass or stainless screw and thread it though the tank hooked to the wires should work.

duhhhhh.

I found the well nuts-- man I feel stupid. Never thought of them as, well, nuts-- just collapsible things with screws.

Thanks anyway, not my day.