Sign in to follow this  
jamestouchstone

Is AC/Heater Vacuum or Electric?

I guess my question was not clear. I can't determine if the controls are vacuum or electric as nothing works so far as ac/heater /defrost/etc.

With just the key on, if engine is running everything seems to work fine, but I would like to know where the pump is, if it has one.

James,

The quickest way to check. If your Heater / Defroster defaults to the Defrost mode, then you have a vacuum operated system.

If the controls are not working, but the system is staying in the vent or heater mode, then its electrical operated.

My Fleetwood coach is a little older then yours and uses electrical servo motors to set the system modes.

A quick call to Fleetwood customer service with your FIN number will get you the answer and the location of the vacuum pump should your coach have one.

Rich.

My 06 Winnebago (Freightliner chassis) uses a 12volt vacuum pump to run the heater/ defroster controls. It is located in the front of the coach in the generator access area, along with a small vacuum tank. You can hear the pump buzzing when the ignition is on and the heater is in any mode but off.