Sign in to follow this  
N7KGA

Removing The Top Cover: Coleman Delta TX A/C?

I am not very experienced in working with the specific systems used on motor home RV. My question is one that I cannot find in searching the forum topics, so I am asking here:

How do you remove the top cover on a Coleman Delta TX Air Conditioner?

I can get the four acorn nuts off the studs to lift the cover, but it seems to hit something a couple of inches up at the front. The light colored top part of the cover seems to be firmly attached to the brown colored bottom part, so I cannot just lift off the light colored top part and see what is happening underneath.

Is there some special process or maneuver that is required to get the cover off so that I can do some maintenance on the air conditioner itself? I found the long holding bolts underneath inside the motor home were quite loose, so I at least want to check the torque on the top hardware to keep everything together, and also to clean the assembly, lubricate the fan bearings, and check the condenser cooling fins to see that they are clean and the unit will work efficiently, but I do not know how to get the cover off.

Enjoy;

Ralph

Latte Land, Washington