Recently went to check the condition of the batteries and found the starting batteries almost dead. I found that there is a digital echo charger made by Xantrex that quit working. Unfortunately if it get a little damp it will fail and is not repairable. It supposed to have a solid green LED light lit when charging, flashing means a fault exists and no LED means it is fried. I have another one coming and it will be here Friday.

I like to spray the batteries once a year with cleaner and hose off then coat the terminals with sealer so I may of caused it to a certain extent. Other cause is the batteries are in a area where salt spray can get to it and corrode it. I'm going to see if I can relocate it near the inverter where it stays dryer and has a fan and filters to keep it clean and cooler. I will keep you posted what I do.

Yes, locate it in a clean, dry area. Actually, anywhere that both chassis and house banks have connections close to each other.

The battery and inverter compartments is right next to each other with the echo charge on the wall next to the inverter compartment. There is less than a one inch space between the compartments with the battery wall metal and the wall near the inverter plastic fiber tub material. I can drill a one inch hole through the two walls and used grommets on the edges to prevent shorts. I should have enough wires to pull through to the dry inverter compartment and caulk to seal the holes.

That should put the echo charge in a cooler, clean, dry environment. The inverter compartment has a inlet vent that I added a filter to it such as used on a window A/C and a filtered exhaust fan that automatically kicks on if temperature gets high. I wanted to post pictures but it ask me for a url not the file.

I got the replacement echo charger this afternoon and replaced it tonight. I moved it to the inverter compartment by drilling a 1 inch hole through both compartment walls. One of original wire was short but the new wire for the chassis battery is longer so I swapped it out at the inline fuse. I protected the wires going through the walls with rubber grommets and sealed the inverter compartment with ribbon sealer.

I have 13.5 volts going to the house batteries and 13.1 volts going to the chassis batteries so I think it's good. I wonder why Monaco didn't put this in a dryer location in the first place?

This is a good upgrade for those that the chassis batteries don't charge when on shore power. There is only three wires to hook it up and easy instruction.