Sign in to follow this  
thrushl

Replacing Headlights

Dear Friends:

Despite my best efforts to avoid driving at night, sometimes the situation demands it. The headlights on my 2005 Holiday Rambler Navigator has been resurfaced and the DOT markings are gone.

I have already replaced the bulbs with SilverStar Ultra bulbs (http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/products/automotive/Pages/silverstar-ultra.aspx) and it doesn't help much. That said, it did help the high-beams and they are more than acceptable now, but who gets to use those much? I checked the voltage at the headlights and have 13.4 volts with the engine running and the lights on. The voltage doesn't drop on high beams. That said, I don't thing I have a low voltage issue.

I really think my problem is that someone has refinished the covers poorly and even now that they are clear, the light diffusion may be off. That said, I really don't know what I am talking about...... :-) I did have a shop check them and they said that its not a headlight alignment issue and suspect my guess about the resurfacing may be correct. They commented about the significant grinding that had been done on the covers and that it would not take much to break them.

I can find a new pair of the original type lights on eBay, but I would like to find out where HR got the original lights so I can research my options with newer light technology. I emailed the guy with the lights and he will not send me the numbers off of them. Bugger....

Any help is greatly appreciated and I thank you all in advance for readying this.

With greatest respect;

Leo

Leo,

See if you an find someone that has a 2005 HR Navigator. See if you can read the numbers. Mine were made by Hella in Germany for a 98 BMW. Haven't found on yet but am still looking. Good luck.

Herman

Leo,

See if you an find someone that has a 2005 HR Navigator. See if you can read the numbers. Mine were made by Hella in Germany for a 98 BMW. Haven't found on yet but am still looking. Good luck.

Herman

Thanks Herman. Been doing that. I can't find any close to me, but I did find one for sale across the country. I sent an email and am hoping for a response. In the meantime, here is what it looks like

$T2eC16hHJIcFHNzKp%28GDBR+mFG,ONQ~~60_1.

I had the same problem with a 93 Southwind I used to have. What manufactures do is use headlights out of a car or light truck and mount them much higher than originally designed. What I used to solve my problem is use the Hella driving lights mounted under the bumper. Since I got rid of the Southwind I used the build in driving lights on my HR that is also mounted lower.

Auto parts warehouse has all style of head light assy.

If you have the Hella number you look it up that way. The head lamps on my coach came for a ML350. You can also buy after market style much cheaper than OE.

The numbers are should be on the bottom of the head lamp assy. There is also a right and left side to the head lamps.

Buy on line.

Phone number 800 913 6027

Northwest RV Supply Eugene, OR Phone 866-67877467. They bought the remaining inventory of Monaco when they went out of business the first time. This includes HR. Email a photo and they are really helpful.

Friends:

Thanks for all your help. Just in case anyone else needs the information:

DRIVER SIDE FRONT HEADLIGHT 2000-2002 Lincoln LS 00-02 HL ASY LH
Partslink Number: FO2502174
OEM Number: 2W4Z 13008 CA/ XW4Z 13008 GA/2W4Z 13008 DB
Left (Drivers) Side.
SKU: 331-1185L-AS

Kindest Regards;

Leo

Dear Friends:

Despite my best efforts to avoid driving at night, sometimes the situation demands it. The headlights on my 2005 Holiday Rambler Navigator has been resurfaced and the DOT markings are gone.

I have already replaced the bulbs with SilverStar Ultra bulbs (http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/products/automotive/Pages/silverstar-ultra.aspx) and it doesn't help much. That said, it did help the high-beams and they are more than acceptable now, but who gets to use those much? I checked the voltage at the headlights and have 13.4 volts with the engine running and the lights on. The voltage doesn't drop on high beams. That said, I don't thing I have a low voltage issue.

I really think my problem is that someone has refinished the covers poorly and even now that they are clear, the light diffusion may be off. That said, I really don't know what I am talking about...... :-) I did have a shop check them and they said that its not a headlight alignment issue and suspect my guess about the resurfacing may be correct. They commented about the significant grinding that had been done on the covers and that it would not take much to break them.

I can find a new pair of the original type lights on eBay, but I would like to find out where HR got the original lights so I can research my options with newer light technology. I emailed the guy with the lights and he will not send me the numbers off of them. Bugger....

Any help is greatly appreciated and I thank you all in advance for readying this.

With greatest respect;

Leo

Check on ebay for HID conversion bulbs for replacement on your MH. 6000 degrees kelvin is almost pure white, and you will find more than enough light for night time driving. The HID conversion units not only provide much more light, they also operate at lower current level.

I have been using HID bulbs for about 4 years but be aware that most of the conversion kits are not DOT approved so some cop could write you up. I think its rather a remote chance that someone would catch you.