rolanddubree

Air Bag Pressure Adjustments

Can you tell me what is the proper way or procedure to adjust the rod assembly and stops that control the air pressure valve to the 8 air springs on my 2001 Beave Contessa with Beaver/Safari/Magnum 8 bag system?

I think my adjustments were and now are way out on the front especially. I just replaced all shocks because the coach front was like a see saw going over long bridges with a lot of joints. It appears to have caused the front spring bags to draw in because of not enough air on the upward stroke and then double roll on the lower cone shape bottom as it went down. I adjusted to raise the front.with more air in the bags and got the bags back is proper shape for the roll area. But I don't know if I am to high now where before I was way too low. The bags do not seem to now lose air pressure although the system loses air on engine shut off.

Before as parked the coach looked like I drove way down hill, now it looks like way up hill.

Is air bag pressure set to some fixed pressure or adjusted to establish ride height? If height is front adjusted to match rear or rear to match front?

What is the proper adjustment for front and rear? Any suggestions?

I have a 8 bag system with height rods connected to valves on my 06 HR. I don't know if the same as yours but I believe the height adjustment is in my owners manual. If you have a rod connected to a valve that lets air in and out it may be similar. If so maybe I can scan and email it to you.

A real caution on this-- adjusting the RIDE HEIGHT CONTROL VALVES-- actually the rods that determine ride height REQUIRES that you have safety stands in place.

Even a slightly wrong move and suddenly drop the coach onto its stops.

And your chassis maker (Monaco in your case) can give you the ride height specs.

Getting this right is critical. Said another way, getting it wrong or "estimating" ride height can cause severe damage to suspension and in the rear the drive shaft, U joints and transmission.