JohnJill

Norcold Fridge Recall

Aw Norcold. We have a Recall to cure a problem. "If your refrigerator is within these serial numbers turn off the unit and do not use it until it has been checked out by a technician." Now then there was the recall to fix the recall, that had many more problems then before it the first recall.

Man you gotta love Norcold.

One of the things I have been told was that the units built before the ones in the recall had a much better material in the coils. Then in a cost saving step Norcold went to a thinner tubing and the troubles began. Someone needs to step up and admit there was a mistake and replace the bad material not just add a "smoke detector".

Sorry for the rambling.

Herman

The worst part of it all is that Norcold will not send any spare kits to the dealers, it is by vehicle in numbers only and then ship. So for the folks out on the road they will not have a fridge until a part comes to the dealers, days or weeks away. I'm lucky we had our malfunction now before our Florida trip next Sunday.

Well thanks to all of you and especially huffy puff and elkhartjim, I have determined I do have a "D" series non- resettable sensor which does explain why cursing, standing on one leg and jumping up and down does in fact not solve my problem. Bypassed and yes the fridge does work....... Now if even on the D series the reed can be reset, my magnet (which will remove metal filling from teeth) isn't strong enough or this unit, which I know has already been reset once) is just shot. Herm, I'm calling Ghostbusters!

Has anyone had any luck getting Norcold to replace their fridge? I'm getting ready to have my recall performed, but am worried about fridge performance after. I've heard some have had luck and would like advice.

Wondering why Norcold has gone to the expense over the years and apparently has done nothing to fix the problem with the cooling unit. Mine is a 2004 and now have to replace the cooling unit for the second time after the original was replaced (3 units!). After smelling a strong coolant and seeing the yellow powder, the unit is off.

Am going for another mfg for the replacement and hope that this fixes the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions. Norcold does not respond to any inquiries.

What I can't understand, is why you all are putting up with the Norcold BS over the years! I would have replaced the whole unit with a residential. I'm not into the mental and emotional strain, that all of you seem to enjoy! :P<_<

Carl

My recall was performed, then it melted down, started to leak and tried to ignite itself. I swear the recall is to destroy all evidence by burning the unit to the ground. I called them, I got what sounded like a fifteen year old kid on the phone who could care less about me and my families safety.

Luckily for me I was sitting next to the unit at the picnic table when it occurred, I opened the side compartment and pulled all of the wires out of the back, when it wouldn't turn off with the switch or any actions I could take. I went to Walmart bought a small fridge for the rest of the trip. Came home and threw that thing out of the window, never looked back.

Oh yea, the $100 Walmart fridge worked so much better, our food went from a wonderful 50 degrees to 37 in two hours. One year later and a $650 invested into GE residential fridge, I have frozen food in the freezer, cold food in the bottom and twice the space.

Like I said they could care less about me or my families safety by designing and building that low of a quality product, then refuse to stand behind it, no thanks.

Sorry for the rant but it still boils my blood when I think about all I could have lost that night last August because someone wants to pad their pocket with cheap junk.

J,

Come on stop holding back, tell us how you really feel. :D:lol::D

Herman

(Ours seem to be holding for now, but we are keeping all the number for make and model others have install if and when it does die)