Sign in to follow this  
Pxr177

Window Replacement

A rock did in the side window on my Fourwinds Chateau.

I want to replace it myself, either with auto glass or plexiglas. Has anyone done this. The main issue is do I pull out the whole frame, or just the outside framework.

There are two slits in the frame that look like spots to insert a blade to separate it from the main frame.

Any help folks?

Thanks

Paul

Paul,

The glass used in the side windows is tempered and can be tricky to replace. Never tried plexiglass myself.

Had to have one replaced in one coach we owned. I have glass coverage and had a glass shop replace it only to have 2 on them fail.

So they ordered the glass in question from the OEM supplier and it was still in one piece when we traded for a new coach.

They checked the frame and mounting carefully and could not figure out why the ones they installed where breaking.

Just wanted to pass on that information to you. It is not always a straight forward item to replace and I have used the same glass shop for over 35 years to do all my work and that one really had them stumped!!

Good luck, Rich.

If, and only "if", you decide to do yourself, use Lexan instead of plexiglass. It is more expensive, but will not discolor nearly as fast as plexiglass.

Kay