ultraglide

Washer And Dryer

Just picked up a new motorhome .

This is the one for full timing,one question. The dealer could not answer the question if we could use any H E laundry soap

The dealer said that we had to use the manufacture. So, Is this true?

Any HE soap works great. We use the little "pods". So is any toilet paper, no RV paper required.

Congratulations on the new MH! We use any HE detergent in the washing machine; I prefer Method brand but have used others.

That's like telling you to use only the manufacture RV soap to wash the outside of your RV. Any RV soap will do, oops I just started a conflict here, nevermind.

You didn't indicate whether you have Splendide or a stacked washer dryer. We have the Splendide and use different brands of HE detergent or at least my wife does. I will caution you if its a Splendide, use a very small amount of detergent.

We use the little "pods". .

Not if you have a Splendine. As Elkhartjim said, very little soap is required in those machines. We do not even use the soap and softener sheets as the soap wii not rinse out without a re-wash. David

???????

I do have a Splendide, I do use the Pods and I do recommend that others do so as well. Oh, wait, I have only been doing this since the Pods were released so my 5-6 years of experice with this product may not be enough.

Sorry that I did not mention that the washer and dryer were Splendide. It's great to know that I won' t have to buy that $20 box of powered.

I have a Splendid 2000 series, does anyone have an issue with water reentering the drum after you are done washing, We purchased it and the on/off switch was already pushed to "ON" and the drum had about 6" of water laying in it, so I put it to spin and it did its thing, and drained out, I ran a load thru it, worked great, shut it off after it was done drying and the next day I had a small puddle in the bottom, we just purchased the RV used and I am not sure if this is normal or not?

Any tips?

No, there certainly should not be any water in there if the last thing you did was dry!

You might have a leak in the incoming water line. Be sure you clean the trap in the bottom of the machine where the water drains out and through a lint trap. It's best to do this while the machine is in a high speed spin to keep as much water as possible from coming out when you open the plug.

I have a Splendide combo unit and the manual said not to use dryer sheets in it. I use liquid detergent and fabric softener but no dryer sheets. I don't know why it's not recommended.

I have a Splendide combo unit and the manual said not to use dryer sheets in it. I use liquid detergent and fabric softener but no dryer sheets. I don't know why it's not recommended.

Regarding the dryer sheets, It may depend on weather the unit is vented or vent-less and the use of dryer sheets.

Rich.

Here ya go Rich...copy and pasted from the Splendide website.

"What kind of fabric softener/How much should I use?"

Answer: We recommend using 1-2 tablespoons of a liquid fabric softener as needed - to reduce wrinkling and speed drying. Bio-friendly fabric softeners, or those that appear light in color, dissolve more quickly in less water and minimize build-up within your machine and in the environment. NEVER use fabric softener sheets.

Forgive my ignorance here but I bought a used motorhome and used the combo washer drier once. It filled and agitated great, but would not pump out. I had to manually drain using a shop vac. The filter was spotless. The unit had been used seldom, the owner was my sister. Any ideas? I took it to a repair shop when getting it winterized last year and they were unable to help either. I looked at the manual and no ideas there either. This is a 2003 Fleetwood unit.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Forgive my ignorance here but I bought a used motorhome and used the combo washer drier once. It filled and agitated great, but would not pump out. I had to manually drain using a shop vac. The filter was spotless. The unit had been used seldom, the owner was my sister. Any ideas? I took it to a repair shop when getting it winterized last year and they were unable to help either. I looked at the manual and no ideas there either. This is a 2003 Fleetwood unit.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Look at the information hear on the Splendide web site

http://www.splendide.com/support.htm

You can call them and see if they have any ideas.

Bill

The reason for not using sheets? They have wax in them & it clogs all filters in any washer/dryer. Info from a friend that own several laundry's.

My washer/dryer in coach is Splendide Ariston stacked, no problems.

Carl

I spoke to their tech support, very helpful folks. Mine needed a water valve that was discontinued, so I scrapped it.
It would fill itself, then overfill leaking onto the floor, when it wasn't being used. I kinda miss it, but we will survive.