ultraglide

Looking For A Good Insurance Company For Full Timers

I am looking for suggestions on any good companies out the one that will not take you to the cleaners.

I need to insure my RV. I don't want to be cheap but I am on a fixed income now.

I do need good insurance at a good price.

Thanks

I found for my case Blue Sky was the best for the coach, but NOT for the toad. I had to split the 2 apart for the best coverage and rates. This is in Florida. Other states may be different.

Second year with Blue Sky Ins company - had an damaged awning claim in the first year - $2400 repair - rate did NOT increase for second year - I was certainly expecting an increase - however, no increase !!

I met with one of their agents in Tuscon last winter - we went thru our coverage line by line and he suggested items to change for a significant savings -

Let me know if you want his contact info --

This year Blue Sky premiums went up drastically. Our best quote was through Allied RV Insurance (A Nationwide Company) through the fairly new FMCA Insurance plan. We have just under a month to decide. The Allied quote was several hundred dollars less, but did not include Adjacent structure coverage, which we need on our lot in Florida. I am checking on this coverage elsewhere. I also have to get Allied to give me a quote for our toad, which is insured through Allstate.

I had Progressive and got Blue Sky in November...saved me over $ 800 on same coverage (Blue Sky don't have TV Commercials) I got tired of paying for Flo! <_<

My Toad is with USAA.

Carl

Our registration renewal in Florida is $60.10 for one year for coach and $46.85 for Jeep. I like that. The cost actually decreased. Now if I can find insurance that is reasonable that would be great.

We are part timers. Barely use our 2006 National Tradewinds maybe 14-21 days a year. Our rate with Blue Sky almost doubled and we had no claims. Last year it was $1147.00 and this year $2134.00 . We insure our toad separately through Farmers Insurance.

Asked for a quote from Progressive and the quote was acceptable. They said that we were being over insured by Blue Sky. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Keith & Stephanie

Over insured comment would suggest comparing coverage to coverage.

Then YOU determine the correct amount of insurance.

Easiest way to get less costly insurance is to reduce the coverage-- not necessarily a good idea.

Since I was 19 I have been with USAA. They sent me thru under writer in Michigan, yet they offered me the best over all package. Although I am from Ohio and not required to hold CDL or "motor-coach endorsement" they accepted by equipment operator training from 1985-1989 USAF Crash Rescue. If you have documented training / history driving larger apparatus I suggest you speak with you agent about "credit" for your training.

We too are with Blue Sky ... all of our vehicles ....

Jim Schecter is our agent in Tucson ...... if I saw an unreasonable increase ... I'd determinately be on the phone to him.

We called the Good Sam insurance and the agent actually quoted National General and Blue Sky. The Blue Sky was over $300 less than the Blue Sky insurance directly from Blue Sky agents. National General was more, and were all others we got quotes for.

Bottom line is that Good Sam agents are not tied to National General eqlusively and can quote other companies. We stuck with Blue Sky since the increase was much less than we originally thought it would be.

Thank you, Medico. Glad to hear that. I was getting concerned about your earlier quote!

Wish I could register my coach in FL. $60 for tags would be heaven! Here they go by weight.... <_<

Where in FL are you?

Carl