Sign in to follow this  
Xplorer

Bar Coasters

As a Marine,,,,I have never been in a real bar! :rolleyes::)

Soooo,,,,,does anyone have any idea where bar coasters (cardboard type) can be purchased.

We have tried cork coasters, the suck it up rock type,,,etc.,,,none seem to work as well as those found in bars...

If anyone has been in a bar,,,,,,,,,,any ideas where they can be found.

Thanks,,,,,

What exactly,,,,does a bar look like,,,,,,,0701020013.JPG

Cooking Recipe For Grilling:

12 oz. Fresca

8 oz. Mrs. T's Margarita Mix (OR) Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix

4 oz. Jose Cuervo Tequila,,,,or if you prefer the TJ tequila with the wormmmmm,,,,,the worm doesn't have to be grilled.

Now,,,,having never been in a bar,,,,,,the above recipe is just a rumor,,,,,,,,and sworn to by a New Mexican as fact....

Sure is Goooood!

Disclaimer: the above recipe is for personal nourishment,,,,,not for marination,,,,,,,,,,,OR it could be.

Drink and Grill responsibly. :rolleyes:

Try a Dollar Store for the cardboard coasters. Dollar Tree or Everything's a Dollar. They should have some. We use the cardboard coasters but I really don't remember where I bought them. Hope this helps.

OK, I remembered where I got the cardboard coasters. Found them at a party city-like store. Had matching napkins, place mats, etc. Hope this helps, too. :rolleyes: And, I'm a former Marine's mom. I assure you he does know what a bar looks like inside and so do I. However, I was only in a bar to pass out religious tracts!!!

Guest Wayne77590

Just a thought, but I prefer the sand stone coaster. They suck up more than an other I have found.

Now being a Marine I never was in a bar either. Saw a lot of sailors in there though.

Now when I'm in a restaurant I put salt on the drink napkin. It keeps the glass from sticking to the napkin when you pick it up. Don't know where I got that from.

Sand Stone - that's the way to go. Even use them in the TOAD cup holders.

Edited: Have someone go into the bar for your - give the waitress a big tip - and ask for some cardboard coasters. I'll bet they come out with a handful.

Thanks for stirring the brain housing group....

Haven't seen them in the Dollar stores,,,,but I'll look closer the next time DW goes to the yellow store as the GD calls it.

I just haven't had good luck with the suck'n stones,,,they sure are purty though.....

Party store,,,,betcha U R right.

Ok,,,,,looks like we need a show of hands,,,,

Every Marine that has never been in a bar,,,,,raise your hand,,,,,Not U Wayne,,,,we have pictures..... :rolleyes:

bartstus.gif

In the younger days,,,,took a 5th,,,occasionally,,,,,,,,,,,(not the Amendment)

Now,,,it would probably kill me,,,,,,,,couldn't stand the headache that goes with it.

Here's to your 5th, and raise you a fifth.

pirate_w.gif

Hey Top!!!!

I know you will remember the 5th,,,,,,,,Marine Motto,,,,,,,

Lead,,,Follow,,,,,or get the $%^&*( Outta The Way.

Teufel_Hunden_U_S__Marines_poster.png.jpg

Semper Fi

When I did a Google search for cardboard bar coasters......Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville came up. 50 coasters for $6.95. There were more interesting ones on there too. You might just want to google it and order them online and save the gas money trying to find them.