thecow

TV Winnebago

Does anyone know how to access the TV compartment in a 2005 Winnebago Adventurer? What is the best size and type of TV to replace the Sony? Is it best to have a 12 volt capable TV? Thanks

You do not need a 12V TV. You don't have one now either.

Get the most TV you can get. Either pick one that will fit in the existing opening with little or no modifications or get one that will overlap the existing hole and surround and add some wood to mount a TV bracket to.

If there is a wooden frame around the TV there is either a screw at each corner covered by a wooden button or the frame has screws that go from side cabinets in toward the frame which need to be backed out. Once you get the frame out, the rest of the removal should become obvious.

I did just what Bill said. I took the old cathode TV out(picked up mileage due to the weight reduction). Shortened my cabinet by seven inches and installed a 32" Vizeo in place of the 27". Took me the better part of 2 days. Not bad for my age. To this day I do not know how I got the old unit out and down.

Herman

Go to the irv2.com Winnebago section and do a search. There are several threads about the Adventurer TV replacement and how to remove it.

See HERE

Herman,

You used your muscle instead of your brain.

Had you used your brain you would have gotten DW to do all the hard work.

As Clay stated, there are many posts on the other forum on how to do "stuff"

I repleced the TV in my 2008 Winni, but the set up is completely different than you set up.

Good luck, and post what, how, etc., when it is done.