Sign in to follow this  
drpeek

Towing a Honda Element

I am searching for a new towable and the Honda Element seems to fit my needs. However, Honda says the only vehicle they certify as towable is the CRV. I have noticed several people towing Elements and even one person I talked with was towing a Honda Pilot.

All I spoke with said they used the same procedure as spelled out in the CRV manual to allow them to tow the Element and the Pilot.

Does anyone out there have any experience with towing any of these Honda models?

I towed a 03 Element for a few yrs but back then Honda had everything OK to tow, I am not sure you can tow a 2014 Element that would be up to you, I do know a few members on another forum are towing some of the Hondas that were not approved without a problem. Get a older Element and dont think there would be a problem but be aware that the Element will have road noise but very comfortable and handy as can be especially hauling large items.

Walt

The Element was never officially approved by Honda for four down towing and since the OP wants to haul a non approved vehicle there would be no warranty anyway, plus I think the 2011 was the last year they were produced so the warranty would be up or about up anyway. Honda did say there was no known reason it couldn't be towed but it wasn't officially sanctioned like the CR-V and Fit were.

An aftermarket service policy wouldn't help either since you're doing something not approved by the manufacturer, which voids the policy anyway.