Sign in to follow this  
mypopslou

New Tire Size 275X70x22.5 H

I would like to replace my tires and take advantage of the Michelin Tire Advantage Program. I contacted Michelin because I currently have Goodyear G670 275x70x22.5 load range H on my coach and could not find the exact tire on Michelins Website. They came back and told me they did not manufacture my tire size in load range H but recommended XZA2 Energy with a load range of J. The maximum PSI on my rims is 120 lbs and Michelin gave me the specs on their recommendation of 6940 lbs @ 130 lbs single and 6395 @130 lbs duals.

I do not want to change wheels so is there another size tire Michelin Manufactures that I can use or do I need to stay with Goodyears. Also I am not sure I fully understand the load range charts is load range J a better tire than load range H??

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

You have to weigh each corner and inflate according to the chart in the Michelin manual which will be less than the maximum on the side of the tire.

OK so I can put a tire whose maximum inflation is greater than what my wheel can handle. What about the load range, is a J load range tire better that an H load range tire.

I don't know about better, but a J inflated to side wall PSI will carry more load than an H.

Go to the Michelin inflation tables and you can quickly determine the proper PSI for each tire.

I just went through the tire selection process. I had Goodyear G670s 295/80/22.5. While researching Michelin I discovered that they have their own size designations that don't match any others. It has something to do with the diameter of the inflated tire at the site of the footprint and their pressures. I bought General S371s 295/75/22.5 and am very happy with them for a LOT less money. Both Goodyear and Michelin do not keep it a secret that the only difference between truck / bus tires and RV tires is the sidewall compound that is more tolerant of UV rays.