Sign in to follow this  
mrskron

Heavy Duty Slide Racks?

Our Winnebago Journey 42E has great storage space. I love my pull out pantry. Only issue with it is the amount of canned goods I can store in it, weight-wise. There are 2 levels of pantry, each with 3 shelves, wide enough to put two #1 cans of food, high enough to pile 2 of those cans. I cook, and I carry a well-stocked pantry. Liquids (oil, vinegar, etc.) add up in weight. When I am fully stocked (before being away from lower priced groceries for a time), my pantries struggle to carry the weight. I wonder if there are heavier rack slides we could be using? Any suggestions?

Merilou, take a look at this link. These are industrial grade slides and come with a price to match, but they can handle weight in the hundreds of Lbs.

So maybe a slide tray in one of the bays would be an option to consider as mentioned by Allegiance40x.

Remember, that heavy duty slides require a frame or support system to handle the added weight and one must stay within the load capacity of the Coach!

http://www.mooreindhardware.com/drawer-slides.html

Rich.

I think the best answer is to keep the majority of your supply's in a storage compartment. I use one that is not connected to a slide. Just keep what you need in the coach. I have a couple of clear plastic storage boxes to protect the stuff in the storage bay.

Bill