Sign in to follow this  
Beeps

Window Seals

I’m looking to buy this Coachmen 37 foot Diesel Pusher and everything is in great shape for a 1998. The only issues are the window seal on a few of the windows are being pulled away. (see picture) The owner said they do not leak but they just look bad. Is this an easy fix?

PS this is our first RV.

post-38981-0-58222200-1403534668_thumb.j

Thanks huffypuff Is there a website or RV store that I could buy replacement thermo panes? It looks like an easy enough fix if I could get the windows cheap.

Beeps, Check out this link.

Posted some suppliers for window repair and also listed some links to window and door suppliers.

The Glass shops remove the glass retaining ring and seals to change out the Glass.

Think if you check into the window construction closely, you might want to try to replace the seals.

http://community.fmca.com/topic/289-fogged-double-pane-windows/

Post #14 on the thread. lists the information.

Rich.

Beeps,

Where are you/the coach located? There are several companies around the country who specialize in repairing these dual pane windows.

We had our redone this winter at: http://suncoastdesigners.com/

There were 20 coaches with windows being repaired when we were there. They have hookups (electric and water with dump station).

There are other places around the country that do the same kind of thing.

I would want to negotiate the cost of repairing the windows in the final sales price. It may be more expensive than you think to repair the windows.

Beeps,

If you are close to Arkansas you might visit:

RV Fog Dr.

2210 Dodge Ave

Searcy, AR 72143

501-278-4527

www.rvfogdr.com

I understand there is also a very good shop somewhere in Florida. Some one may have their information.

Windows seals have failed for different reasons. One is because people, without knowing, will put up the reflective foil to block the sun. This will cause the heat from the sun to intensify and over heat the air between the two sheets of glass to expand and pop the seal. :o Reflective tint put on the inside will do the same thing.

Herman

Thank you all for all the great info. I've been very busy and had no time to log onto FMCA. We pick the coach up tonight and I will be able to get a better look at the windows later today. We did drive to the sellers house and drove/inspected the RV.

We did use the seal issue to get a better buy on the coach.

I live in Sheboygan Wisconsin.

Thanks

Beeps, Check out this link.

Posted some suppliers for window repair and also listed some links to window and door suppliers.

The Glass shops remove the glass retaining ring and seals to change out the Glass.

Think if you check into the window construction closely, you might want to try to replace the seals.

http://community.fmca.com/topic/289-fogged-double-pane-windows/

Post #14 on the thread. lists the information.

Rich.

Very nice post...thanks