Sign in to follow this  
UncleAl

Georgetown 378, Slide Lubrication

Does anyone have any insight on how to do the lubrication properly and avoid taking the RV into the Dealership?

Thanks in advance for your responses

Uncle Al

I use a slide lubricant EVERY time I retract my slides - I spray along the rails as the DW works the power from inside the coach - We use walkie talkies to communicate my directions to her ie. retract slide, I watch rollers roll and spray lubricant on the wheels - then stop 1/2 way and work my way to the other rail to compleete the process -

What is your issue ? Slide not retracting or squealing badly ??

Not sure what system you have ? Can you provide further details so others can help ??

Hello Zorro2kita:

We have a Georgetown 378 with 3 Slides. We do not have an issue with any of the slides but wanted to get some insight on how to lubricate them and which parts to focus on. I think you answered my question.

Not sure if anyone has a video, which would be great.

Thanks,

Uncle Al

We were at FMC GLAMERAMA a few weeks ago. While there I went to a seminar with someone from Lippert where he told us that the kind of slides that we have in our Georgetown 378 do not need to be lubricated. Because the cylinders are all inside and not exposed to the weather. He did tell those that had exposed working parts that is very important that they use dry lubrication so will not collect dirt.

Not sure why you feel the need to lube them every time you put them in. I lube mine annually or if it slows down I will re do it. Always use a dry film lube to prevent attracting dirt. See what the manufacture has to say.

Bill