kaelalynn

Help Needed With Coach Electrical Problem

I'm starting to scratch off what little hair I have on my head! A circuit of 110 plugs have gone out. That happened when we had plugged in a heater. Figured it was a simple breaker, but the breaker will not hold and keeps throwing. I have pulled all five plugs (I think) on the circuit, looked for shorts, pulled the commons off, but the breaker continues to throw. I don't understand how a fuse could be involved as that would break the circuit.

Suggestions?

I've never checked for continuity before, but I'm guessing it is pretty easy once I figure out how to sent a small current through the wire, but will the short show with a simple continuity check? I sure don't want to break into walls looking a burned spot.

Maybe replace the breaker, I guess it can go bad, but what are the odds?

kaelalynn,

The fact that you did not mention getting a shock, tells me that you where not connected to shore power or had the generator running!

You mentioned removing the commons from 5 - 120 volt outlets and the common and the ground wires go the the same point (Ground)

OK, With the power disconnected and the generator off, remover the circuit breaker box cover(if you feel comfortable with that) Remove the Black wire from the circuit breaker that is tripping.

You do understand that the Black wire is the Hot and the White is neutral?

By chance if you removed the black wires from the outlets and the breaker still trips, good chance it has failed.

Should the breaker - not trip when turned on, with power applied. Then you can connect the outlets one at a time to see if you can isolate the problem down to a smaller area.

Please work safe and if you need, get some additional help. A little money can save you from having a real bad day!!

Rich.

Is there a GFI outlet in the circuit your having issues with?