lowellbergen

Generator Transport

I have a 2000 Monaco with an Onan 7.5 generator. The generator is on rails and can be moved out from the front of the motorhome for servicing. The problem is that the generator moves on its own a few inches from the front of the motorhome when I'm gone and all systems are turned off. Any ideas as to why or how to correct the problem?

If I remember correctly there is a bolt that goes through the slide on each side that secures it. Sometimes there is a fixed net the bolt screws into and sometimes its a loose nut.

Lowell,

I have had two Monaco coaches. Both gen. sets were in the front, one manual and the other hydraulic. Which is yours. The manual had a catch to open and close the unit while the Hydraulic has a switch in the front service panel to open and close the unit.

Now this is just thoughts running through my head. Your cables may be in a bind and not letting the unit close and causing it to open until the pressure is off. The same may be happening with the hydraulic if it low on fluid.

Does is slide open when you stop?? When it opens on its own can you push it closed??

On both the front cover is held on with several bolts to allow for alignment. Check and see if they may be loose.

Herman